Epic Changes on White Label SSP: New Features You can Test-drive with Updated Platform Functionality
The past couple of months of active listening to your feedback have given us great pointers on how to improve white label SSP to better accommodate your needs. Having sorted out and analyzed the feedback we’ve rolled out a bunch of June’s updates for both versions of the platform, WL SSP 2.1 and WL SSP +AdX 2.1. Each of these updates we developed to level up safety, the convenience of platform administration, effectiveness of media-trading, and analysis. Let’s see what changed and how you can use this new updated functionality.
Integrate more partners and test new SSP endpoints
- Use special integrations to add demand partners. We’ve extended special integrations for demand partners. If previously it was possible with Bidswitch, Appnexus, Pubmatic, Rubicon, Inmobi, MediaGrid, SpotX, E-Planning, Verizon, ImproveDigital, now it’s also available with Synacor and Rich Audience.
- Test new SSP integrations. We’ve added a test mode for SSP endpoints which means that you will be able to test new integrations with SSPs or publishers. Previously testing was available for standard supply integrations, now, irrespective of integration type, supply partners can test their traffic and receive test responses to any ad format. You can use test mode to test newly integrated supply and demand partners alike.
Shape up and protect your traffic with scanners, filters, and white/blacklists
- Scan with WhiteOps (prebid and post-bid). If you work with whitetops and their scanners, you can input your contract credentials in the platform and track the stats of your system scanning. The option is available for both products - WhiteOps Media Guard and WhiteOps Fraud Sensor.
- Add Geo Edge scanner settings to endpoints. Use the endpoint-level detailed scanning with GeoEdge. Set different scanning conditions for different partners and their endpoints with detailed sampling that we’ve added to the platform.
- Filter the traffic by Ipv6. The Ipv6 filter will exclude those requests that don't contain Ipv6 value.
- Filter the traffic by price and volume. You can exclude (or set up special conditions) for traffic that doesn’t meet your price and volume criteria with price and volume filters
- Select or filter out traffic with geo+qps white/blacklists. You can set restrictions or special conditions for traffic by geo or combination of geo + volumes of requests (applying advanced blacklist). Likewise, you can only aim for particular sources by applying whitelists.
- Access white and blacklists everywhere. Previously you could access and inspect white and blacklists only by opening and browsing separate tabs. Well, no more of this, we’ve made a pretty good UX enhancement. Now you can access white and blacklists for every entity you select. This way, e.g, on the ‘DSP’ page you can see the list of allowed and locked sources for it, or, on the ‘inventory’ page you can see the list of allowed and blocked DSPs.
- Set up cookie sync storage automatically. Keep targeting precise easily using updated cookie sync mechanisms. From now on you get the ability to set up cookie sync storage automatically - the system will automate the process of decision-making regarding how and where the cookies will be stored.
- Send only synced traffic to DSPs. Send only Cookie Synced users to DSPs that require it so that they could apply detailed targeting. This way you will increase the effectiveness of media trading with these DSPs.
Analyze activity and performance
- Track performance by OS. Now you can track any data bundles separately for every operating system - Android, IOS, and the rest. With this detailed performance data, you will be able to optimize performance for each OS.
- Add incoming traffic overview to bids overview. With demand&supply activity overview tool And user activity overview tool you can review activity in the system and define if there are any problems in certain bundles of supply and demand, or with certain DSPs in particular. You can also analyze problems with incoming traffic and then troubleshoot SSPs (connected or not connected).
Connect API for better administration
- Create admin Ad Exchange API. For those of you who pay specific attention to internal analytics within your team - we’ve added an API for platform admins. It enables receiving all necessary statistics automatically, without meddling with large unstructured bundles of data.
- Use API for SDK developers. We’ve developed more detailed documentation for SDK developers and S&S connections. It will enable sending requests directly from certain SDKs and servers.
We’ve made requests compatible with http/https protocols increasing the likelihood that demand partners will validate them. The same thing we’ve done with responses - there are more chances supply partners will validate them (with native ads version mapping between traffic and demand). We’ve also added a button so that you could conveniently copy DSP and SSP endpoints. Plus, we fixed all the bugs.
The core of the prebuilt white label solutions enables us to continuously improve your platform functionality and enrich it with new features and capabilities. We hope that the latest updates that you will find in your WL SSP or WL SSP +AdX platform will make in-house monetization easier and even more efficient. Meanwhile, while we think about the next round of updates, you can get involved and drop your opinion regarding what we can do to make your experience better in the future. As always, we appreciate your feedback and can’t wait to delight you with a new set of updates!
Need your own monetization technology? Get started with WL SSP now!
Anastasia-Nikita Bansal, Director of Enterprise Solutions of SmartyAds