How to use Traffic Logger
Traffic Logger is an instrument that allows monitoring traffic your platform receives.
Set parameters to filter and click ‘Start Logging’. The system will log all the requests that match defined parameters and will show you the statistics, so you can understand the characteristics of your traffic.
First of all, select Traffic Logger section on the top of the page:
You’ll see the full list of settings available:
You have to choose settings to filter traffic by.
Take a glance at the settings:
- Region – the regional affiliation of servers that receive traffic (currently it is US_EAST only).
- Aggregate by – Select the attribute by which the requests must be grouped (by SSP, sitelist, SSP+domains, Geo, SSP+Geo, Domains+Geo). Required field.
For example, in case the 'Geo' option selected, all requests will be grouped by the country they are received from. So, you will see as many rows in the resulting table, as many countries are represented in the logged amount of the requests.
In case the 'SSP+Geo' option selected, the logger will show as many rows as many combinations of SSP and Geo are presented in the logged requests. For example, we have logged requests from 5 SSPs, and each SSP sent traffic from 3 countries – so the resulting table will contain 15 rows.
- Log time – select the period of logging.(1 to 3 minutes). Required field.
- Maximum bidfloor – select maximum bidfloor, acceptable for the request (0 if not limited).
- Tmax – select minimum ‘tmax’ value accepted (0 if not limited).
- Require IFA – log only requests with IFA (device identifier).
- Collect request examples – turn it on, if you want to see the example requests.
- Select traffic format (banner, video, native). Required field.
- Select traffic types, device and connection types.
- Select SSPs from which you want to log the traffic. Open the drop-down list, click on each SSP you want to select (to remove selected SSP, click on it again, or click symbol). After selection completed, click beside the drop-down list.
- Select countries, browsers, categories, languages, sizes (for banner traffic).
- Type domains, or bundles. You can also download a list of domains or bundles from a CSV file.
Then, click ‘Start Logging’.
Note: You can move between sections of the system while logging, it will not interrupt the logging process. Start logging, then switch to another section, and turn back to Traffic Logger to see the result.
Once logging finished, you will see the table with the collected data:
You will see the list of SSPs (or another field you’ve chosen in ‘Aggregate by’ field). On the right, you will see the QPS and average bid floor for each row.
Also, you can open a request samples for each SSP:
Click ‘Export CSV’ to download the CSV file with the collected data.
If you want to change logging settings, you can do it without reloading the page. Just wait for the end of logging, then change settings and click ‘Start Logging’.